Luna's island

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Internet and friendships

Sometimes I really wonder what we’d do without internet…without e-mails…we wouldn’t all be cleaning toilets for Microsoft J (it’s a joke, if you don’t know it ,leave me your e-mails addresses and I’ll send it to you)…

 

E-mails are definitely the best way nowadays to keep in touch with friends and family around the world…of course I do miss the old letters you get from the postman and I still do sometimes send some…but I have to be sure of the addresses and now all my friends have moved, noone stayed in the same place…

 

There is still the phone and I do like to call and be called and send sms…but for a yes or no, we tend to change our mobile phone numbers, so it’s not a reliable means of keeping in touch anymore…you start with mail then you can continue on with phone calls and letters…

 

I’ve started this new year reading e-mails I got from friends I haven’t heard of in months, a Thai friend that was in Canada last year with her husband and got back to Thailand after her graduation in may I only discovered that today, a German friend that visited me 5 years ago, I e-mailed her last week and she answered me yesterday, leaving me her phone number and enabling me to surprise her with an 8h15 call… and so many other friends and wonderful surprises that just make your day!

 

But internet doesn’t only permit you to keep in touch, it also helps you make new acquaintances … and thanks to it I made real new friends, true friends and they’ll recognize themselves… not only here in Tunisia but also elsewhere around the world like Holland for example …

 

It just feels so good to feel the world so small, so good to have people a bit everywhere caring about you, thinking of you, friends you can count on, a presence, a heart, a shoulder to cry on, someone who listens, who also makes you laugh, someone to bring up the souvenirs with and it’s a real warm feeling you have when you have friends remembering the smallest details of the last time you’ve met…

 

I don’t know who invented internet…it’s maybe a shame…but I do thank that person from the bottom of my heart…and it’s thanks to him (or her or them) that I can tell you all that, share all my feelings and thoughts and dreams and fears and joy with you…so I thank YOU to for being there for me as well…for sharing all of this with me, for letting me know of your reactions…

 

THANKS…

 

4 Reactions:

  • At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Est ce ton vrai prénom? Moi je sais la bonne réponse et c'est pour ça que je dois changé ma signature à la place de C5* en C5E1E3.

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey :)
    Internet a été inventé par les américains à l'époque de la guerre froide :)
    Mais c'est surtout Tim Berners-Lee, qui a inventé le World Wide Web, qui l'a rendu tel que nous la connaissons aujourd'hui :)

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Luna,

    Thanks for your lovely words, it is nice to read that I am part of your life through the mysterious ways of the internet. Send you a big big HUG,

    Tjeerd

     

Post a Comment

<< Home